Thursday, March 22, 2012

I’m Afraid to Believe: Could it Really be Spring?


 I’ve always thought of myself as an optimist. You know the type: glass half-full, life’s valleys will bring mountaintop experiences, every cloud has a silver lining. I can usually find the good in all situations, so I’m not sure why I have such hesitation about the weather this year. I was on the phone with Stephanie, one of the Tearoom waitresses, and she was putting away all of her family’s winter coats. I hadn’t even considered the idea that winter is over. Could it be true? Did we actually get through a winter without school being cancelled for snow? Is it really going to be warm and nice from now on?  I’m still expecting the big snow any day now.  I realize I need to brush off the winter dread and embrace the blessings of spring. I spent some time in the greenhouse yesterday and saw how quickly the plants are growing. They seem to know the sun is shining and it will soon be time to play in the dirt. I love the way the greenhouse looks this time of year with the promise of another gardening season. So I’ve decided, in the spirit of optimism, I’m declaring the end of winter! Beginning today I vow to start looking forward to more sunshine and warm weather (but wait, does that mean I have to pack away the winter coats? Umm… that sounds like a lot of work, gathering up snowsuits, boots, mittens, hats…maybe I should sit on the front porch in the sunshine with my coffee a little longer and think about it!) I hope your day is filled with sunshine and the anticipation of spring.

Blessings,

Elizabeth



 

No comments:

Post a Comment